What UNISA has to say about study groups:
- Study groups offer opportunities to discuss problems
- Students can check how their own understanding of a course compares to how others understand it.
- Students have the opportunity to link new subject matter to sections of the work they’ve already mastered.
Why you need UNISA study groups:
- Being cut off and removed from your lecturers and fellow students is one of the major disadvantages of distance education.
- Keeping motivated over the many years it takes to complete a part-time degree presents unique obstacles when confronting the problem alone.
- Not having any help when you are stuck can seriously affect your motivation.
- Studying from a distance means that you get no person-to-person tuition.
- The MyUNISA website is often unhelpful and lacks resources such as study notes and answers to past papers.
Would you like to sign up for a Together We Pass study group?
Benefits of a Together We Pass Study Group
Together We Pass have been offering UNISA study groups to students for the past 6 years. We have helped over 8000 students and have developed a system that helps students in as many ways as possible:
- A dedicated community manager is always on hand to help manage comments, find lecturers and explain how to use the resources that are available.
- UNISA students can sell their old textbooks – just send us the details and we will post it on the forum for current students to buy them.
- Get weekly tips and help with your professional development on the Together We Pass Professional Network.
We hope you join us soon to benefit from our UNISA study groups.