2021 University of Fort Hare Online Application For Admission
University of Fort Hare: Application 2021 – Apply to UFH
University of Fort Hare (UFH) invites prospective students to apply for admission to an undergraduate qualification for 2019 academic year.
Application deadline is 30 September 2020.
Institution: University of Fort Hare (UFH)
How to apply?
Click here to download the Application Form.
1. Submit your application form and all the necessary documentation including application fee before closing date.
2. An SMS will be sent to you informing you of the status of your application thereafter a letter of confirmation.
3. Current matriculants who qualify based on their Grade 12 mid-term performance, are provisionally admitted pending the submission of their final matric results and subject to availability of space.
4. Successful applicants will receive an admission letter, together with a registration guide, which reflects the registration dates and orientation programme. It is important to note that all applicants who wrote the National Senior Certificate (NSC) are required to write the National Benchmark test (NBT) before they are allowed to register for their 1st year at University.
Read more about this compulsory test on www.nbt.ac.za. In which school- leaving category do you fall?
National Senior Certificate (NSC)? The NSC is the new school-leaving qualification since 2009.
Pre-2008 matriculation certificate? This is the old school-leaving qualification before 2009.
All applicants with non-South African School-leaving require a certificate of exemption from the Matriculation Board of South Africa for admission into an undergraduate qualification. For more information regarding the Matriculation Exemptions please visit the Matriculation Board website on www.he-enrol.ac.za
The University of Fort Hare will also submit applications to the Matriculation Board on behalf of the applicant on submission of the following:
Form M30E (also available from the matriculation board website); Copies of educational qualification (certified at the University); Copy of Passport or birth certificate (certified at the University);
Exemption application fee charged at R400.00 (payable at the University); and
Sworn English translation of documents required where applicable.
All applicants with non-South African qualifications are required to have their qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). For more information regarding evaluation of qualifications please visit the SAQA website: www.saqa.org.za
Student selection and admissions process
1. Students receive application forms from the Students Registration Office through the post/
2. These are completed and returned to the Students Registration Office and get sorted
3. Then the faculty selection committee (Deputy Dean: Teaching and Learning, Faculty
HODs and Administrators) convenes to do the selection.
4. Admission is done on merit, using the Swedish point system.
High scores are considered first in chronological order For interview programmes students are invited for presentations prior to selection *
The current matrics are provisionally accepted pending their matric final results and availability for admission into programmes, plus NBT results
The application forms are checked and signed by the Faculty Manager according to the admission status.
Once the forms are signed, they are given back to the Students Registration Office to capture the status which is then communicated to the students as backup.
The Faculty keeps records of the accepted students as backup. Wait listed students are considered after registration of accepted students
Accepted students get notification from the Students Registration Office.
Alice Campus Tel.: 040 602 2016 / 2053/ 2122/ 2174/ 2281
East London Campus Tel.: 043 704 7155 / 7266 / 7004 / 7139